This was made up as I went along.
1. Pre-heat oven (200 degrees) and put in a sweet potato and a small onion (halved).
2. Wash and dice three potatoes, put in a pan with crushed cumin seeds, chilli flakes and black pepper.Bring to the boil then simmer.
3. Grate a carrot into a large mixing bowl. Chop half a tomato in too.
4. Dice half a turnip, add to the potatoes. Steam-cook chopped mange-tout over the top.
5. Chop some marinaded tofu in with the carrot mix, strain and add the potatoes and other veg. Add a few dollops of egg-free mayo (the brand called “Egg Free” is the only good one IMHO, today I used the chive variety). Chop the baked onion in too. Stir.
6. Spoon out the mix onto an oiled oven try, return to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, turning once. Add sunflower seeds on top after turning over. (I made 6 cakes and had some spare mix that went in the fridge to be eaten cold/raw with lunch tomorrow, yum.)
7. Prepare a salad garnish of watercress and a little balsamic vinegar. Serve the potato cakes and sweet potato.