I’ve decided to include food that other people have made, so long as I have tasted it and photographed it myself. This first example is Andrew’s chocolate torte, which can be made entirely free of refined sugar.
- 180g chocolate (plus a bit extra) (there are sugar-free varieties)
- 1 carton soya cream
- small packet of digestive or ginger nut biscuits, (or sugar-free alternative)
- dollop margarine (c. 80g)
- smidgen of golden syrup (optional, not in the sugar-free version!)
- Smash biscuits up into powder, add to melted margarine (with syrup or a little melted chocolate); flatten into flan dish.
- Melt chocolate in usual way; stir in cream until colour completely uniform.
- Pour melted choc/cream onto base. Leave to set for 2 hours. Top with grated chocolate.
Here is one variation from October 2010: Rose and pistachio chocolate torte.