- 100g soya marg (this time, I used Pure brand organic)
- 300g icing sugar
- 500ml vanilla flavoured rice milk
- 6 dessert spoons soya cream
- about 20g dark chocolate (without milk) grated
- As in the other ice cream recipes, melt the marg, then stir in the sugar and cream together (about a third of both at a time).
- Stir in all the milk gradually.
- Pour this into a suitable tub for freezing. Put it in the freezer and bring it out to stir up every hour for about 6 hours. (At this point, you’ll wish you had an ice cream making machine, but it’ll be worth it at the end!)
- On the last stir, grate the chocolate and fold it in. (You may wish to transfer the mixture to a new tub now, this is the last chance to do so.) Now freeze overnight.
- Next morning, it will be ready! The texture is a little like a sorbet more than the previous ice cream recipe (with chocolate and sugar), so don’t be alarmed.
Be aware this will melt faster than shop-bought ice cream — better eat it up quickly!