Here is an unplanned stir fry, served with mixed watercress, spinach and rocket salad and some vegetable spring rolls (that were on offer in the Co-op).
- 1 courgette, halved then sliced lengthways
- 1 red pepper, chopped coarsely
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tblsp ginger, grated
- a little oil
- a little lemon juice
- In a dry wok, lightly roast the seeds until they begin to pop, then crush with a pestle and mortar and add the coriander.
- In the same pan, heat the oil then soften the onion for a few minutes (with a lid over the onions).
- Add all the other ingredients and fry for about 4-5 minutes.
- This is where I was planning to add noodles, but I didn’t have any! I just cooked the spring rolls in the oven and served everything together.
This serves 2, but I only used half of the stir fry ingredients – I cooked them all together, then kept the rest in the fridge until a couple of days later when I made the courgette miso soup.