- 1kg baby new potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1-2 large white onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- c. 15-20 nettles (use youngest stalks, preferably before flowering; remove tougher stalks and make sure there are no little weevils or greenflies)
- Bouillon powder/herb salt
- Chop and parboil 750g potatoes, half the onion and half the garlic (crushed).
- Chop all remaining ingredients (sweet potato, nettles and remaining potatoes, onion, garlic) finely (you can steam nettles first to disable stings) and boil until soft in separate pan .
- Blend ingredients from 2 into think soup mixture.
- Add blended ingredients to pan with potato/onion/garlic mix.
- Blend further amounts of whole mixture if necessary to achieved desired consistency.
- Serve with sesame tiger bread.