- half a can black eye peas
- half a packet regular tofu, chopped into roughly 3cm cubes
- small cup of red lentils
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- half a courgette, cut into short sticks
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (or more) fresh tomato, diced
- ⅓ can sweetcorn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp toasted crushed mustard seeds
- 1 tsp toasted crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp bouillon powder
- 1 tblp sunflower oil
- hot water
- squirt of lime juice
- Wash then begin to boil the lentils for 15 minutes, while softening the onion with the oil and garlic and the three spices.
- Add the tomato purée to the onion pan, then the sweetcorn, courgette, green pepper and tomatoes (fresh and canned), bring to the boil then simmer.
- Add the lime juice, beans and now cooked lentils with the bouillon powder, plus a little hot water as desired.
- Add the tofu and cook for about five minutes, then serve.