Another improvised recipe, using up some ingredients in my kitchen. This tasted wonderful, and made 2-3 portions.
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- spice mix packet left over from buying the tacos
- 1 tin chickpeas, washed
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into large chunks
- 5 button mushrooms
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced lengthways
- half a bag new potatoes, washed and cubed
- small amount of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp soya yogurt
- Boil the diced potatoes for 5-10 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, soften the onion in another, large pan for 5 minutes in the oil, with some of the spices. Add the chickpeas, yellow pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes and simmer.
- When the potatoes are soft, drain them and add to the main pan, with the bouillon powder, and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and stir in the yogurt, heat for 2 more minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat, and get an electric hand blender to the mix on its lowest setting, making sure you blend all of the soup, but not so much that it becomes too smooth. I like to leave some of the veg in larger bits, especially the chick peas, it makes it more interesting.
- Serve with a sprig of parsley and some lovely seeded bread.