We had some avocados that would not ripen, so I decided to make soup with them.
- 3 avocados, chopped
- white onion
- spring onions
- vegetable stock
- ½ carton soya cream
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground chilli and salt
- dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- tiger rolls, to serve
- Preheat the oven to a low temperature (to warm the tiger rolls). Insert the rolls.
- Chop the avocados and onions.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and soften the onions. Add the stock and the seasoning, then the avocado and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomato and stir in the cream, continue to heat for 5 minutes. Add a little cornflower to thicken.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a blender or food processor and blend well.
- Serve with a stir of hot pepper sauce and the tiger rolls.