- 100g (non-dairy) white chocolate (hard to find, I bought Organica from 8th Day) [Update 2018: Sainsbury’s free-from white choc is a good choice.]
- 100g soya/sunflower margarine (Pure or Vitalite)
- 300g icing sugar
- 2 tblsp soya cream
- 500ml soya/almond milk (from Asda, Holland & Barrett, Unicorn or other places)
- 100g frozen cherries (from Asda)
- plenty of time — start this early in the morning the day before you want to eat it
- Melt the chocolate and marg in the usual way.
- In a large bowl, stir in and gradually add the sugar and cream a bit at a time until it stiffens. Then add the rice milk. (Expect it to get sloppy, this is okay.)
- Pour into a tight closing plastic box, and put in the freezer.
- At hourly intervals, remove from the freezer and stir up. Do this for about 8 hours, or as long as you can.
- After the last stir, break up the frozen cherries into a bowl with a fork. Get a new plastic box (an old ice cream tub is great), and pour alternate layers of chocolate mix and broken up frozen cherries into it, starting and finishing with chocolate.
- Return this mix to the freezer to freeze overnight.
- Enjoy the next evening!