Oh I do like to eat enchilada… I’ve made it before, but this time I’ve done it with tofu instead of beans. Also, this time I used Sheese instead of Cheezly (both are non-dairy alternatives to cheese).
Makes 4 enchiladas.
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 little sunflower oil
- 1 tsp chipottle chilli powder
- half a block of “smoked cheddar Sheese“, grated
- one third of a block of firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 corn tortillas
- a few spoons of soya yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Warm the tortillas in tin foil in the oven for 5-10 minutes at around 170 °C — be careful not to overdo it, they should still be soft.
- Gently soften the onions in the oil on a medium heat, then add the garlic, chilli and tomato purée. Simmer with the tinned tomatoes and tofu chunks for 5-10 minutes. Stir in half of the grated Sheese and continue to simmer for a few more minutes, while stirring.
- In a baking tin, lay out the corn tortillas and fill with a little of the mix in each, then wrap the sides in of each. Pour the rest of the mix over the top then sprinkle the rest of the Sheese over that. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a little layer of soya yogurt and slices of avocado on top.