This quick mix of Andrew’s is extremely tasty, and could help anyone wanting to avoid dairy stay happy. It really makes non-dairy cheese taste great, by adding an onion and good egg-free mayo.
Here it’s used on a toasted sesame bagel with sun-blushed tomatoes and fresh basil, and in a baked marrow (recipe coming soon).
- 1 block of Cheezly (in this case, red cheddar style, although I prefer the soy-free and pepper-jack varieties)
- ½ medium white onion, finely chopped
- ½ jar Plamil egg-free mayo (in this case, the tarragon version)
- Grate the Cheezly into a mixing bowl. Add the mayo and chopped onion.
- Use a hand blender to make the mixture into as smooth a paste as you wish.
- Serve on sandwiches, or use in other meals as a cheese-like ingredient.