What to do with left-over pastry after making a large cherry pie? Make it into a pasty, filled with raisins, cashews and chocolate, all free from refined sugar! Very satisfying.
- piece of pastry
- c. 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- c. 1 tbsp agave syrup
- c. 1 tbsp raisins, soaked overnight in fruit juice (in this case, peach and white grape not-from-concentrate from M&S)
- c. 1 tbsp cashews, broken up
- a little water and flour
- Preheat the oven to around 200 °C. Roll out the left-over pastry to the size of a medium plate.
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa and agave with a fork to form a paste. Stir in the fruit and nuts.
- Put the chocolate mix on the pastry, wet the edges with a little water and fold over the pastry. Press the edges together and cut some air slots on one side.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, then allow to cool a little.