Simply put, this is the same as my previous sponge cake except with:
- plain flour instead of self-raising flour;
- 3.5 – 4 oz fruit sugar instead of half fruit sugar, half caster sugar; and
- 50g of Plamil no added sugar chocolate chips (only available in catering sizes — that was a great birthday present from a friend who knows me well).
The topping is:
- 1 bar of Thornton’s diabetic dark chocolate, melted;
- half a carton of Oatly cream; and
- c. 2 tbsp frozen fruit (summer berries)
all stirred together, then set on the cake, in the fridge. Keeping the cake in the fridge changes the texture, but I think with this combination it works.