I followed a new recipe to make these cookies, adapting a cookie recipe on AllRecipes.co.uk (mine is not gluten-free, I didn’t have the right flour). I didn’t have as much chocolate as their recipe either, so my chunks/chips were not as well spread out.
But enough of the self-criticism; they were good and tasty!
- 350 g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125 ml sunflower oil (grapeseed would be better)
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 125 ml agave syrup (same thing as agave nectar)
- 85-150 g dark chocolate no added sugar (I used 85 g Thorntons diabetic range) (chopped up or broken)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl (except the chocolate).
- Stir together the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl or mixing jug.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, then stir in the chocolate.
- Make into small balls and press onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180 °C for 10 minute or until they begin to darken. (The ones in the photo above had a few more minutes in the oven after the photo was taken.)
- Cool and serve.