I can’t remember who suggested this quick way to make Gianduja or praline chocolate, so please let me know if this was your idea!
It couldn’t be much simpler.
- 200 g bar dark chocolate (I used Bournville which is dairy-free again)
- Half a small 170 g jar (80-85 g) hazelnut butter
- Melt the chocolate in the usual safe way, for example, in a pan over another pan of simmering water.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the hazelnut butter.
- Set in an appropriate container and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Slice and serve.
The chocolate will be a little tacky to touch, but it will all get eaten the same! The smell and taste of this reminds me of Christmas, eating Roses or Quality Street.
I suggest experimenting with the amount of hazelnut butter to your taste. It is also good with fruity soya yoghurt or similar.