My first cheesecake, of either regular or vegan ingredients. I mostly followed a recipe on Allrecipes.co.uk but replaced the maple syrup in the base with marg. I used a chocolate sauce instead of fruit, but I could well have used both.
- 175g choc chip Hobnob biscuits (new and vegan!) or digestives
- 60g marg/spread
- 225g (1 tub) Tofutti cream ‘cheese’ plain
- 225g firm silken tofu
- 3 tsp lemon juice, or juice of 1 lemon
- 120g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp almond milk/soya milk
- CHOC SAUCE:
- 1½ tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp rapeseed/vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp arrowroot
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / Gas 4.
- Smash the biscuits then mix in the melted marg. Press into a 21cm pie tin and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the cream cheese, tofu, lemon and icing sugar. Separately dissolve the corn flour in the almond milk then add to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the filling over the base.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180 °C / Gas 4. Reduce the heat to 170 °C / Gas 3 and continue baking for 15-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack and chill for several hours. (Best to leave it in the pie tin in the fridge.)
- Remove from the pie tin. Mix together the chocolate sauce ingredients in a pan over a low heat and pour over the slices of cheesecake just before serving. Garnish with a fresh raspberry.